Jog-a-thon 2018: Monster Dash
[important]RESCHEDULED: Thursday November 1, 2018[/important]
This all-school event is the PTSA’s main fundraiser, and we ask all families to make a generous donation. With the funds raised, PTSA provides vital programs such as science enrichment, art docent program, Reflex math enrichment, classroom materials, teacher appreciation, field trip grants, not to mention events like the Science Fair and Dance Week and Family Dance Night.
All students will jog, walk or skip at school during recess on Thursday, November 1 (NEW DATE AS OF 10/25/2018). The jog-a-thon happens rain or shine, so please make sure they have comfortable shoes and pack rain wear or a change of clothes if it is raining. Students may wear a district appropriate costume (no masks or weapons). Water, music and fun are provided during the event!
Grades 2nd and 3rd – 1:00-1:30
Grades Kindy and 1st – 2:15-2:45
Grades 4th and 5th – 2:50-3:20
We hope to raise $80,000 and challenge each student to raise $150.00. Students receive their Jog-a-thon envelopes at the beginning of October and have several weeks to ask family, neighbors, and friends to contribute. We hope every family will participate in some way. Please record all donations on the student’s donation form, and put all money and checks in the provided envelope.
All Donation envelopes and forms MUST be turned in no later than October 24th in the student’s Jog-a-thon envelope.
The PTSA can take credit cards online and the donations will be tracked to individual students.
Tax Deductions and Matching
All donations to Lakeview PTSA are tax-deductible, as we are a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, our TaxID# is 91-1136057. Donations can be matched by corporate giving programs. If matching funds are available: Complete, Sign and Submit your company’s matching fund paperwork along with your contribution to the jog-a-thon.
If using your company’s online Matching Funds Program, print your confirmation page and place it in the envelope. These forms MUST be enclosed in the envelop to be included in the totals. Contact your employer regarding any minimum matching requirement.
- The top 20 earners in donations are entered into a drawing for 1 student to win an annual family membership to their choice of Woodland Park Zoo or Seattle Aquarium or Pacific Science Center.
- All students who raise $150 or more will be entered into a drawing for a $50 gift card. (1 student wins).
- All students who raise $100 or more will be entered into a drawing and 1 will win a chance to have “Lunch with the Principal”.
- The class that earns the most in their grade will earn a pizza party for their class in December.
- All students who participate in the Jog-A-Thon will receive a fantastic one of a kind Flex water bottle and popsicles!
To meet our goal, we need everyone to be involved. There are several ways to help:
- Volunteer: We need volunteers. Sign up to help here or contact the fundraising team at email@example.com
- Donate: The PTSA depends on donations to provide the variety of programs we offer to your children. Every donation, big or small, is greatly appreciated.
- Get Matching Dollars: Check if your company has a matching gift program. You could potentially double your donation.
Please contact our Jog-a-thon Team at firstname.lastname@example.org