Lakeview PTSA’s Before and After School Enrichment committee arranges sessions of before and after school classes for Fall, Winter and Spring. The classes vary each session and may include Art, Drama, Chess, Math, Sports, Coding, Languages Engineering and more!
9/26: Class availability has been updated on the enrollment page link. And a few notes about these enrichment opportunities:
• All Classes are being held at Lakeview Elementary
• For the Language Classes (French, Spanish and Mandarin), the cost is higher because these classes run full year from September 2019 thru June 2020
• Trendy Crafts: Fun classes for both boys and girls (come create llama drama, flippy sequin, cactus and all the latest 2019 trends in a supportive environment).
New for this session – please register your child for these enrichment opportunities directly with the vendors (via the links in the PDF below or download the brochure ), as there is no central reservations tool this year.
Questions? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
See the brochure:
- The Before and After-School Enrichment Program at Lakeview is planned and coordinated by parent volunteers. (Thank you!)
- Enrichment classes are allowed at Lakeview due to PTSA sponsorship. Our PTSA insurance policy states that to run our programs at least ONE PTSA LWSD approved volunteer must be present in each class.
- If parents are able to chaperone an entire session (all dates for 1 class), they get the class for free.
- If committed chaperones are not able to chaperone, it’s their responsibility to find a substitute who is a LWSD-approved volunteer.
- All parents / students must sign code of conduct. Disruptive students may be dismissed with no refund. See chaperone duties here.
Fees and Scholarships
- Scholarships may be available for classes. Please email email@example.com for details
Policy and Procedures
- Getting to class:
Please let your child know what classes he/she is expected to attend.
Please let your child know that that it is the child’s responsibility to follow instructions to go to class. All Parent volunteers/chaperones will direct the Kindergarten class to the Enrichment classroom.
- Sign-Out Procedures:
Parents should pick up and sign out their children at the conclusion of each class. Enrichment volunteers will wait 5 minutes for parents. If parents do not show up, fees may apply.
- Behavior and Discipline:
Children are expected to behave courteously and attentively. Children whose behavior interferes with the ability of others to participate in the class will be contacted by (the instructor/Enrichment coordinator). If the student is unable to correct their behavior, the parent will be contacted by (the instructor/Enrichment coordinator) and informed that the student will not be allowed to return. Refunds will not be issued in disciplinary cases. All children are expected to comply with Lakeview Elementary Code of Conduct.
Questions and feedback can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org