See photos from the 2017 Egg Drop on the PTSA Facebook page
June 4, 2019 during Lunch Recess
Who’s ready for the egg drop challenge? Can you create a contraption that will protect an egg from a 60 foot drop? The Kirkland Fire Department will be here with their ladder truck (as long as they don’t receive an emergency call) to see whose egg will survive!
- Your NAME, teacher’s name, and GRADE needs to be on your contraption
- Must be safe – no helium balloons or materials that could be harmful if broken
- Needs to be smaller than a basketball
- No food products
- Contraption should be ready to drop as is (with egg included)
- Insert the raw egg in a plastic baggy before putting it in your contraption (eggs will not be provided at school)
- Your contraption needs to be brought to the office between 8:45-9:00 am the day of the drop
THINGS TO THINK ABOUT:
- How can you keep the egg safe? Slow fall, absorb the energy of impact, etc.
- Which structure would be the most fun to create?
- Have you looked on the internet for ideas?
- Did you follow the rules?
SAFE MATERIAL IDEAS
Some ideas include: cardboard, packing materials, fabric, tape, newspaper, rubber bands, sponges, balloons, card board tubes, glue, trash bags, and string.
Please contact Jamie Tiffany at email@example.com